Sunday, August 31, 2008

Free, Fun Activities - Check Out Your Local Library

Maddie and I went to the library the other day. Maddie adores books. And I adore the fact that you can check out DVDs there. Maddie and I usually watch a DVD every other night before going to bed. So it saves a lot of money to check them out at the library - that way you get to watch them, but not pay for them (yes, I'm cheap like that - not really cheap, just resourceful!)

So Friday we went to the library. While checking out, the lady behind the counter told me that Taco The Clown would be putting on a program Saturday at 2:00. I'm so glad she told me because there wasn't a sign anywhere that I could see. I then asked about their story time. Turns out it's not just story time - they get to color or sing songs or do other activities either before or after the story. We'll definitely be checking that out this coming Wednesday.

So we go to see Taco the Clown yesterday, and Maddie loved it. I wish I had taken pictures of her watching him. There was a look of pure joy on her face. I loved it. He put on a show for about an hour. While Maddie got a little fidgety at the end, overall it was great.

So if you get a chance, ask your local library if they have any programs or activities available for your child's age group. You'll be glad you did.


No comments: