Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Potty Monkey


I read about this over on Presurfer.

From the Stupid.com website:
Potty Monkey begins with an adorable, 15" stuffed monkey in a diaper and underwear. But inside this cuddly exterior, lurks sophisticated technology designed to teach children how to use the toilet.

A timer of some sort is built into the Potty Monkey. Every 30 minutes (or 90 minutes, if you choose), the Monkey will say, "I need to go potty. Let's go potty." When you do the right thing and place him on his plastic toilet, the Monkey will say all sorts of things. For instance, he might say, "I feel proud of myself when I pee-pee and poo-poo on the potty." Or, "I really like to let the pee-pee out of my tummy. It feels so much better now." Our favorite is when he sings a silly song based on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star -- "Tinkle, tinkle, and poo-poo. I feel better how 'bout you?"

But let's back up and suppose you DON'T put him on the potty when he asks. The longer you ignore him, the more he pleads. "I really need to go potty! Let's go potty!!" And if you are callous enough to ignore him again, he says, "Hey, take me to the potty now or I'll have an accident!" And if you wait much longer, "Oh no! I had an accident! Please take me to the potty next time."

This product sounds too cool. If Shorty wasn't already potty trained, I'd have already ordered one. They're $29.99 at Stupid.com. Woah, just found him for $25.00 over at PottyMD.


No comments: