Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Excellent Food Blog - Southern Plate

I thought about whether or not I should share this website with everyone or just keep it all to myself and wow everyone with all the wonderful recipes this lady comes up with. I decided not to be selfish and share! You can thank me later :)

The name of the blog is Southern Plate and she has some scrumptious recipes. I've been on a diet, so I haven't made some of the things that look sooo good like the Coca Cola Cake, the Fancy Mashed Potatoes with Cheese, Elvis Presley Cake.

But I have made the Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole, and the Taco Rex Cheese Dip (which was submitted by a reader) that will now become a staple at family get-togethers. I've made it twice and my sister has made it once since I found the recipe a few weeks ago. I think it's the best dip ever.

Be sure and check out her casserole chart too.

This lady makes cooking simple and fun. I love the fact that she uses mostly Walmart (Great Value) brand ingredients.

So go, go, go check out this blog and try not to slobber on your keyboard.

1 comment:

Southern Plate said...

~SQUEALS LOUDLY~

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!


Oh goodness, I don't know what to say!! THANK YOU!!! This is so very sweet of you and I appreciate every single letter of every single kind and generous word!

I am also laughing - who would have thought I would be admired for using the cheapest ingredients I can find? LOL! I've always used Wal Mart brand ingredients and generics on just about everything. I've found very few to be that different from the name brand in quality and taste. My family has always teased me about this but hey, if its $2.50 for the name brand and 1.75 for the generic, guess which one hops into my buggy?

With groceries getting so much higher lately, my mother has finally started using generics. I was talking about how much more groceries are costing to her on the phone today and she says she is spending pretty much the same now that she has switched to generics. Then she added "But I guess that doesn't help you any, you can't go down any more than you already do!". LOL

There are very few name brand things I use: Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce (Wal Mart's brand tastes just awful for some reason), White Lily flour, and Nilla brand vanilla wafers.
Wow, was that too much information or what? Hey, once I get to talking....

Okay so my point in all of this was,
"WOW!!! THANK YOU!!!!"