Thursday, September 4, 2008

Things I Love Thursday - Glad Press n' Seal Wrap


For this edition of "Things I Love Thursday" I've decided to go with Glad Press n' Seal wrap. My sister told me about it a year ago or so. I thought she was crazy because I assumed the Press n' Seal would be about the same as Saran Wrap.

I've always hated Saran Wrap. Do y'all remember that episode of the Carol Burnett Show where Tim Conway was trying to sell Saran Wrap and he got all wrapped up in it? When I think of the Carol Burnett Show, that episode always comes to mind because it absolutely cracked me up.

Press n' Seal is not like Saran Wrap at all. You just press the sides down and it sticks. The other day I needed to microwave some frozen corn. I about passed out (well, not really) when the directions said to cover the corn. I thought, I don't have a bowl that has a cover that's microwave safe. Then I thought about the Press 'n Seal. Grabbed the box and read it and I found out it was microwave safe. Slapped some Press 'n Seal on the bowl over the corn and nuked it. By the time the microwave beeped, the seal was so good on the corn, it looked like a giant atom bomb or something - the Press 'n Seal had totally stuck and had trapped in all the steam.

(I never thought in my entire life that I would say I loved plastic wrap - I've got to get out of the house more often!)

3 comments:

Martha said...

Me too. I love this stuff!
My fav in the kitchen dept is paper towels. I cannot not do without them!
It is a sad day when the topics of conversations have to do with cooking or cleaning products, but someone has to know about these things and share after all we are Domestic Goddesses.

thediaperdiaries said...

I really like this stuff too. Saran Wrap is a pain. This stuff is great!!

Tammy W said...

I actually have never bought it! But now I will. I didn't realize it was microwave safe either!! TOO COOL!