Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What Did All That Mean? It Means...

I'm pregnant! Yay!!

This is how I shared the news with everyone. This is our daughter Maddie. (I'll have another post about the shirt she's wearing later).


I went to the doctor today for my first visit. Didn't get to see the doctor because he was at the hospital delivering a baby. The nurse took, like, five vials of blood and I got started on prenatal vitamins. Will see the doctor, hopefully, on the 8th.

I'm kind of scared and feel pretty old (36) but I'm happy more than anything.

3 comments:

richies said...

Congratulations!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Saw that you've started with the big sister books. It helped my daughter (2-1/2 years at the time) quite a bit...she was really prepared when brother came along and knew what to expect. Her favorite thing by far though to look at was pictures of developing fetuses at different stages. Sounds strange, but she really did pour over those pics. We talked a lot about how big the baby was getting in my belly and how much longer it would be.

I Am Nacho Mama said...

Thank you so much, Brimful, for the advice. I think Maddie will understand better whenever my belly starts to grow. She does like looking at the developing fetus pictures. I'm only almost 7 weeks along, so we've got a ways to go.