Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Guess You Can Tell

I guess you can tell since I took off the baby countdown that I lost the baby.

We went in Monday the 13th for my first sonogram. I was 8 weeks pregnant at that time. The sonogram showed the baby was 6 weeks and it didn't have a heartbeat. I went in the next day and they took my blood to check my hormone level. It came back Wednesday at 7700. My doctor said that at that hormone level, 7700, you should not be able to see a fetal pole in the sonogram (which the sonographer did see).

I went back in on Thursday to check my hormone level again, and found out Friday it had dropped to 5700. Your hormone level should never drop when you're pregnant - it's supposed to almost double every 48-72 hours. Doctor told me I might start to miscarry, but he went ahead and scheduled a D&C for Tuesday morning.

I started miscarrying Friday - got progressively worse, and by Monday I was in severe pain along with the heaviest bleeding I've ever seen in my life. Doctor told me to go to the hospital and they performed the D&C at around 4:30 yesterday.

What's strange is yesterday was our daughter, Maddie's, third birthday. (Which, by the way, we celebrated her birthday Saturday. We had a party here at the house for her. She had a great time.)

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for praying for us and thinking of us. I feel almost 100% better - just feel pretty emotionally drained.

1 comment:

richies said...

I'm so sorry to learn that you lost the baby. My wife and i went through that experience. I don't think that people who haven't experienced it can really know the emotions and loss that you feel. I am praying that God will give you comfort and peace.

An Arkie's Musings