Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Won't Be Making A Trip To Vegas Any Time Soon...

and I won't be buying a lottery ticket either. Why? I have no luck - not recently anyway. I've been trying to pull myself together - to move on from the miscarriage. I was doing pretty good at that when white smoke started pouring out from the vents in the ceiling after my husband switched the thermostat to heat. But before the smoke, there was a large pop and then smoke and then the grossest electrical fire smell I have ever smelled in my life. Luckily for us, it hasn't been freezing cold, so we've been managing with space heaters.

Maddie and I came home yesterday afternoon after eating lunch with my mother and I found one of our dogs, Willie, dead. That tore me up. It really tore me up when I realized yesterday was the 5-year anniversary of my grandmother's death.

Willie was 11 years old. I'd had him since he was six weeks old. Here's a picture of Willie shortly after we got him.

We'll miss you Willie B. You were a good dog. I love you, boy.

It's been said that bad things come in three's - well, that's three for me - I've had enough. It's got to get better.

3 comments:

WrapAroundSam said...

Please remember the Rainbow Bridge. It gets me through the loss of a pet, or at least it helps......Sorry for you in so many ways. sniff!!!

richies said...

I am so sorry to hear that things haven't been going your way. I never know what to say when someone is going through hard times except I'm sorry, and I will pray for you. If you are interested, here is the link to a story I wrote after 9/11 this year.

Why?

I Am Nacho Mama said...

Thank you, wraparoundsam. I remember you telling me about the Rainbow Bridge when my cat, Loco, died. You'll never know how much that helped me. To be honest it was one of the first things I thought of after I found Willie dead. Thank you so much for telling me about that.

To Richies, I just read your story Why? It is such a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with me. Thank for praying for me too.