Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Maddie's Pick - Take 6

It's been a while since I've done a "Maddie's Pick". That's because the library put a hold on my account saying I still had a book that I checked out a long time ago - which I didn't. Thankfully they took it off my account.

I thought instead of listing all the books we checked out and telling you her favorite to least favorite, I figured I'd just tell you all her favorites. Makes more sense that way I think.


So here's all her favorites (and mine too!)

The Hello, Goodbye Window by Norton Juster and Chris Raschka - such a cute book that talks about a window in his grandparents' house. I think we all have a hello, goodbye window.

How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight? by Varsha Bajaj - adorable rhyming, counting book.

Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback - cute story about how a man has a worn overcoat and he turns that overcoat into many other things.

I Love It When You Smile by Sam McBratney - beautifully illustrated story about a mama kangaroo and her baby.

Little Rabbit Lost by Harry Horse - cute story about a bunny who thinks he's a little big for his britches and winds up getting lost and learns a lesson in the end.

Fanny by Holly Hobbie - great story about a girl who makes her own doll when her mother won't buy her a fancy schmancy made-up doll (like a Bratz). I had no idea Holly Hobbie was a real person - duh!

1 comment:

Jill Scott said...

I love kids' books and we're always looking for new ones. Thanks!

Oh, and I agree with everything you said about Vicki. She lies, oh does she lie.