Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mammograms

I have been sort of freaking out since January 20th.

Why? Because I had a screening mammogram on the 19th and the Breast Center called me on the 20th to tell me they found something questionable in my right breast. (It's so hard for me to say "breast" so I'll just stick with boob.)


They told me I needed to come back in for a diagnostic mammogram and also a sonogram. I have been scared ever since. My grandmother had breast cancer in 1970. She had a radical mastectomy.

I made the appointment for the 28th (which was the soonest they could get me in). The 28th was yesterday - everything was closed due to the ice storm we had. Great! I called this morning hoping they would work me in or something, and I can't get in until February 10th. I don't know if my nerves can hold out that long and hopefully my right boob won't fall off before then.

No comments: