Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Recipe R&R - Southern Plate's One-Dish Pork Chops

Why didn't I kick this thing off with Southern Plate's Cheesy Chicken & Corn Casserole or Black Eyed Peas & Hoppin John or any other of the tons of great recipes she has on her site?

I said I was going to be honest, right? Well, here it goes - and Christy, please don't hate me for this because I absolutely adore your recipes and your blog. I even bought the Southern Plate Cookbook as a present for my mother-in-law's birthday.

Southern Plate's One-Dish Pork Chops

I usually broil my pork chops. I like the crispiness of them when they're broiled. That being said, these turned out kind of water-logged and soggy which is to be expected in a recipe like this. I cooked this for 45 minutes at 350 and it still came out runny and not all of the rice was cooked. There was just something about it that I can't quite put my finger on that I didn't like very well. I think it must have been the rice.

Big Daddy gave this recipe a 5 on a scale of 1-10. I think I would give it a 4. Please don't hate me, Christy.

No comments: