Saturday, February 28, 2009

Corn Chowder - Recipe R&R

It's cold and windy here today, so I decided to make Cooking for Comfort's Corn Chowder to help us warm up.


I told Big Daddy I was going to make chowder for supper and he kind of turned his nose up and said, What the heck is chowder? I told him I thought it was a thick soup. Turns out it's any thick and chunky soup so I was pretty close.

Anyway, this turned out really good. I altered the recipe slightly. Instead of 2 cups of milk, I used a can of evaporated milk and then filled the rest of the measuring cup with milk to get to 2 cups. I also used a lot more salt than it called for. And I used a 16 oz. bag of frozen corn instead of the 10 oz.

Kelly's rating - 9
My rating - 8.5

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad you loved this. I have a few cans of evaporated milk in the pantry I'll need to use up (not gonna make THAT many pumpkin pies)before Turkey Day this year...I will write this into the recipe as a good substitute...thanks!!!!!