Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lemon Chicken Casserole - Recipe R&R

My sweet niece made this for us back in October when I wasn't doing much cooking. I've adapted the recipe a little bit.

1 Large Can Chicken, Drained
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers
1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
1/2 Stick Melted Butter
Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper


I had to take a picture of my can opener. I love that thing. After going through about 4 or 5 manual can openers, I finally found this one.


Onto the recipe.
Dump chicken in medium-sized bowl. I always like to break it up with a fork, so there's not any big chunks. Stir in soup, sour cream and lemon juice. Sprinkle three or four dashes of garlic powder and salt and pepper in there. Mix together. Then pour all into a greased 8 X 11 1/2 casserole dish.

Crush crackers. You probably could get away with using half a sleeve of Ritz crackers, but it's easier for me to just go ahead and crush the whole sleeve without opening the package. Plus, the crackers make this taste good.


Sprinkle poppy seeds over casserole. Drizzle melted butter on top.


Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

Big Daddy and I would rate this a 9.5.

Lemon Chicken Casserole

1 Large Can Chicken, Drained
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers
1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
1/2 Stick Melted Butter
Garlic Powder - Few Shakes
Salt & Pepper

Dump drained chicken in medium-sized bowl. Stir in soup, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour all into 8 X 11 1/2 greased casserole dish. Crush crackers. Spread over casserole. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top. Drizzle casserole with butter. Bake @ 350 about 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: