Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mammogram Update

So I went today for the diagnostic mammogram. And since I've been playing along with The Diaper Diaries 1 Cor. 7:5 Challenge, I let them know there was a slight possibility I could possibly be pregnant. I have no idea if I am or not. It's not time for me to start or anything - not until next week. But since I had a miscarriage in October, I'm taking every precaution.

Anyway, the radiologist said that since the machine they were going to use today puts off a lot more radiation than the regular mammogram and that a sonogram would probably not show what he was looking for, they didn't do the diagnostic mammogram.

They told me to call whenever I start my period and they'll get me in that week. And if I don't start my period, if I am pregnant, then they want me to come back after the second trimester and they'll cover my belly with the lead apron thing then they'll do the diagnostic mammogram.

But the radiologist said for me not to worry, that the first mammogram kind of looks like shadows (or something like that) and for me to relax.

So that's what I'm going to do. Thanks for all your prayers, and please keep them coming.

1 comment:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Can't wait to hear if you are pregnant - if so that means there's still hope for me - ha! Will continue to pray on the mammogram front.