Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recipe R&R - Foodislove's Beef Stroganoff Casserole

Tonight I made Foodislove's Beef Stroganoff Casserole. It calls for a pound of ground beef, but since we have deer meat in the freezer, that's what I used. So I guess I should call this Deer Stroganoff - heh!


I also made cabbage. I have never made cabbage before in my life. I didn't think I liked it, but I gave it a shot the other night at my sister-in-law's because I loved saurkraut. Turns out I liked it. Nobody else will touch cabbage with a 10-foot pole, so I got this all to myself.


I just quartered it and stuck it in a pot with about an inch or more of water, half a stick of butter, salt and pepper. Brought it to a slow boil and covered it. I turned the wedges every now and then.

Kelly and I would both rate the stroganoff an 8.5 on a 1-10 scale. It was delicious!

The cabbage was excellent too - probably because of all that butter. For some reason though, nobody wants to sleep in the same room with me tonight

No comments: