Thursday, February 5, 2009

Recipe R&R - Sing For Your Supper's Buffalo Chicken Dip

I was hungry this afternoon. I didn't eat lunch for some reason. So I made Sing For Your Supper's Buffalo Chicken Dip (aka Crack Dip).

(Picture doesn't look very appetizing - sorry)

It calls for two cans of chicken, but I wasn't for sure if that meant two small cans or two large cans. I assumed it meant two small cans, so I just used one large can. Does that make sense?
Anyway, I think maybe I should have used two large cans.

The original recipe over at The Bitten Word actually called for two cups of shredded chicken. I have yet to figure out how many cans of chicken equals a cup, if it's one large can or what. I'm kind of leaning towards one large can equals two cups. But if that's the case, this recipe needs more chicken if you ask me.

Maybe some day I'll actually measure a large can of chicken and see how many cups that is. That would be helpful, wouldn't it? Of course I would get a measuring cup dirty in the process and then I'd have to rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher and blah, blah, blah. Am I the only person who thinks like this?

Anyway, I made some refrigerated bread sticks to eat the dip with.

Oh, yeah and the brand of buffalo sauce I used was Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce. They don't sell any kind of buffalo sauce at Walmart. I didn't even know what buffalo sauce was. I had to look it up on the Internet to figure that out. I'm such a dork. Had to make a special trip to Kroger for it.



Anyway, this stuff is pretty good, but not sure if it's crackalackin. It was a little spicy for me. I'm a big wimp when it comes to spicy stuff. I added extra ranch and extra blue cheese, but it was still on the spicy side.

If Kelly (aka Big Daddy) was home, I bet he'd rate this a 9 or more. I give it a 7 or 8.

No comments: