Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Storm


I took this picture while Maddie and I were driving in my husband's truck on our way to my niece's graduation from nursing school in Lubbock, Texas. You can tell by the date that I took this picture almost two years ago, but I will never forget that day.

I was scared to death. I didn't have a cell phone, and even if I did, I couldn't have called anyone. I remember the wind blowing like crazy and it getting very dark and the rain was coming down in sheets. There was not one single place I could have pulled over when we got into the storm, no shoulder, no houses. Instead of slowing down, I hit the gas thinking I could drive through the storm. I remember coming to a little town called Benjamin and someone in a white van was pulled over and they flashed their lights at me. That's when I saw a teeny, tiny gas station with a carport type of deal over the gas tanks. I pulled in there, pulled Maddie out of her car seat (which was probably not a good idea, but she was screaming at the top of her lungs.) I just held her and prayed that we'd be okay. I felt the back of the truck lift up and shift a little. And then as quickly as it started, it was over.

We made it to the graduation without a second to spare.

So much for wordless, huh? Sorry, but I had to describe what all we went through.

For more Wordless Wednesday, go here.

No comments: