Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Grandma's Goulash - Recipe R&R

I haven't made this in forever. I don't know why because I like it.

What you need (excuse the sippy cups in the background) :


Half an onion
Bell pepper (I always buy green but Walmart was totally out of them today)
1 lb. ground beef
Can spaghetti
Can Ranch Style Beans

First off, kick the cat out of your way.

For some reason, he always plays with the magnetic letters on the refrigerator. He's a weirdo.

I cook everything in an electric skillet. If this is your first time joining us, then let me tell you that my stove is an antique and not in a oohh, it's an antique and it's worth of lot of money kind of way. But it's an antique like pain in my bo-bo mustard yellow Corning older than me kind of antique that takes about an hour to boil water - hence the reason why I'm using an electric skillet.

Anyway, dice up onion and bell pepper. I cut the bell pepper in large chunks because nobody in my family will eat them. Cutting them in chunks makes them easier to remove. Add the ground beef and cook until meat is cooked through.

Drain. Add Ranch Style Beans and spaghetti and cook until everything is heated through.


Now, dig in. I always make cornbread to go along with this.

I'd rate this an 8.5. When my grandmother was alive and made this, I would have rated it a 10. Why is food so much better when somebody else makes it?

So here's the recap without all my little snippets in there - makes it easier to print:

Grandma's Goulash
Half an onion
Bell pepper (I always buy green but Walmart was totally out of them today)
1 lb. ground beef
Can spaghetti
Can Ranch Style Beans

Dice up onion and bell pepper. I cut the bell pepper in large chunks because nobody in my family will eat them. Cutting them in chunks makes them easier to remove. Add the ground beef and cook until meat is cooked through.

Drain. Add Ranch Style Beans and spaghetti and cook until everything is heated through.

No comments: