Monday, March 16, 2009

Sausage Balls & A Yummy Dip

This weekend we had a get-together for my niece's husband who has been in Iraq since August. He came home for a two-week leave and is now on his way back to Iraq until, hopefully, July.

I have been feeling so sick. I would never in a million years wish this feeling on anyone. This is the first time I've cooked anything in a long time. I've been feeling better. Yesterday was the first day I've felt good most of the day.

Everyone knows how to make sausage balls, but since I haven't posted anything in a while, I thought I'd post this.

Sausage Balls
1 lb. breakfast sausage
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups Bisquik
few sprinkles of garlic powder
few sprinkles of Cavender's Greek Seasoning

Combine all ingredients. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 - 15 minutes.

Next is the yummy dip I told you about. I've posted about it before, but it deserves a second post. I found it over on Southern Plate. One of Christy's readers sent it in and she won a fancy-schmancy crock pot.

Go here for the recipe.

No comments: