Friday, April 17, 2009

Taco Mac & Cheese - Recipe R&R

I made Taco Mac & Cheese last night. I found the recipe in an ad in my Taste of Home magazine which I got for free, by the way, via SheSpeaks.

Kelly and I would both rate this a 9.

Since I can't find the recipe anywhere, I'll go ahead and post it here:

Taco Mac & Cheese

1 lb. ground beef
1/3 cup salsa
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups (8 oz.) elbow macaroni, uncooked (I used small shells)
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
2 3/4 cups water

Brown meat in large skillet. Drain. Stir in water, salsa & chili powder. Bring to boil. Stir in macaroni; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 8-10 minutes or until water is almost absorbed. Add Velveeta; cook until melted, stirring frequently.

If desired, garnish with crushed tortilla chips, chopped tomato and/or chopped green onions.

No comments: