Monday, June 29, 2009

What I've Been Up to

Can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted anything. I took two sewing classes at Joann's. First one, we made a bag. Second one, we tried to make another bag. For a beginning sewer, boy, it was hard. Here's a few pictures of it:



The lining (don't look at the lovely hand sewn part of it!)


It's McCall's pattern M5866. I had to get help from both my mother-in-law and my mother to help me finish it - thank you!

I'll be taking sewing 301 at the end of July. Hopefully by the time that class is over with, I might actually know what I'm doing!

The baby and I are doing great. While I'm writing this, I feel her punching or kicking away. Saturday I will be six months along. Can't wait until October.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the bag you made! I'm so envious of your sewing skills!!!!

I Am Nacho Mama said...

Well, thank you very much, Jennifer. I don't know if you should call it "skills". Maybe beginner's luck - ha!